CV / REFERENCES
Born in 1976 in Dresden, Germany
Lives in Cologne, Germany
Anke Eckardts work encompasses multimedia / sound art installations, artistic concepts, research and teaching.
Anke received her Master of Arts at the UdK Berlin (University of the Arts, Berlin) in 2010, she studied with Sam Auinger, Holger Schulze and Sabine Sanio. From 2011-2013 she was a stipend of the Einsteinstiftung at the Graduate School of the Arts and the Sciences at the UdK Berlin, mentored by Christina Kubisch. 2014-2017 she was an artistic associate of the artist and professor Heike Klussmann at the Department of Visual Arts & Architecture within the School of Architecture, Urban Planning and Landscape Design at the University of Kassel, Germany. Additionally, Anke studied media sciences with Friedrich Kittler and Wolfgang Ernst at Humboldt University in Berlin in the 90s, and she has got a professional background in sound engineering.
Anke presents her artistic work internationally in exhibitions (MAKK - Museum für Angewandte Kunst Köln, Ars Electronica Linz, Goethe Instutute Paris, European Capital of Culture Riga/SKANU MESZ, ISEA Hongkong, Steirischer Herbst Graz, CTM Festival Berlin, Todaysart The Hague, European Media Art Festival Osnabrück, a.s.o.).
From 2017-2020 Anke worked as a Visiting Professor of Sound at the Academy of Media Arts Cologne, Germany. 2019-2020 she additionally did hold a Visiting Professorship of Sound Art at the Mainz School of Musik (Johannes Gutenberg University), Germany. In 2021, Anke placed second on the list for the permanent Professorship of "Raum and Klang" at the Hochschule der Bildenden Künste Dresden behind the turner prize winner Susan Philipsz.
As a researcher, Anke currently writes her doctoral thesis at Bergische Universität Wuppertal, supervised by Bazon Brock and Prof. Dr. Heike Sperling on the topic of "Google and the Promotion of Digital Art. Experiments and alliances between artists and the American multinational technology company". Furthermore, Anke Eckardt conducted a research project on material in the arts at the Academy of Media Arts Cologne together with Prof. Dr. Lilian Haberer and Karin Lingnau in 2018-2020. This research project aimed at a new concept of an artistic archive based on the processuality of multimedia artistic creation. Additionally Anke is dedicated to investigating new audiovisual materials since 2014 within the framework of the interdisciplinary research platform BAU KUNST ERFINDEN/BUILDING ART INVENTION based at the University of Kassel, Germany.
SONIC SPACES - GROUND. WALL.VERTICALITY
Revolver Publishing, January 2014
GRANTS / PRIZES:
- Award of the Kunstiftung NRW/Art Foundation NRW for the project idea 'Kai Awase' - Multimedia/Sound Art project with children's choir and Augmented Reality in the special fund "Entgrenzt- Begrenzt- Begrenzt - Eine Zeitenwende für die Künste" (Unlimited - Limited - A new era for the arts) (2020)
- Scholarship of the Stiftung Kunstfonds/ Foundation Art Fund Germany for Visual Artists with Child (2020)
- Scholarship of the Music Fund Germany (2020)
- Vida.16 (Art Prize, SPAIN) - Honorary Mention for the installation ‘GROUND’ (2014)
- Stipend of the Einstein Foundation as fellow of the Graduate School For The Arts And The Sciences at the University of the Arts Berlin (2011-2013)
- Prix Ars Electronica 2012 'Digital Musics and Sound Art' category - Honorary Mention for the installation 'BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME' (2012)
- Artist-In-Residence Grant of the Saxon State Ministry for Higher Education, Research and the Fine Arts - This grant is awarded in co-operation with City of Dresden and, co-funded by ‘Culture Programme’ (2007-2013) in framework of European networking- and co-operation project ‘E.C.A.S. – Networking Tomorrows' Art For An Unknown Future’. (2011)
- Career Advancement Grant from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (2009-2010)
- APRIL Resonance extra / Resonance FM Radio ´funkt - Sound Art Radio Cologne´
- MARCH - APRIL, bangaloREsidency, India 2021 /// postponed to September 2021
- JANURAY - MARCH CTM Festival Berlin: ´THE APPEARANCE (OF A FREE WILL´, Bethanien
- 2nd place in a closed Light Art Am Building competition in Berlin, Mauerstrasse 27 (DE), Client: Federal Agency for Real Estate
- MARCH - APRIL kjubh Kunstverein e.V., Cologne, solo exhibition: 'The role of the brain in dreaming'
- MAY-JULY Museum für Angewandte Kunst Köln – MAKK (Köln, DE): ‘HAUT dry/wet’ Solo exhibition by Anke Eckardt in the framework of the sound art series sonic waves
- APRIL HKW House of World Cultures Berlin ‘VINYLHEADS’ Comission for a sound sculpture series in three parts for 100 JAHRE BEAT festival
- UNTIL 2019 Jewish Museum Berlin, Skit-Sound for ‘res.o.ant’ Installation Mischa Kuball
break because of the birth of her daughter
- MAY-JULY NAKED EXHIBITION (Potsdam, DE): PHANTOM LINES
- ISEA 2016 (Hongkong, HKG): DIGITAL SYNESTHESIA group exhibition
- APRIL EXIT FESTIVAL 2016 (Paris, FR): STALKER 2
- MARCH/APRIL DIGITAL SYNESTHESIA - EXHIBITION AT AIL (Vienna, AT): VERTICAL 2
- MARCH VIA FESTIVAL 2016 (Maubeuge, FR): STALKER 2
- DECEMBER ENLIGHTEN FESTIVAL 2015 (Manchester, UK): LIBRARY OF THE UNWANTED
- NOVEMBER TANZFABRIK (Berlin, DE): EVERY ONE EVERYONE
- JANUARY/FEBRUARY UNTUNE EXHIBITION - CTM FESTIVAL 2015 (Berlin, DE): GROUND
- NOVEMBER/DECEMBER EXHIBITION SOUS SURVEILLANCE (Paris, France): STALKER
- NOVEMBER ECHOECHODANCE (Dublin, Ireland): EVERY ONE EVERONE (with Shannon Cooney)
- JULY/AUGUST SKANU MESZ SOUND ART EXHIBITION (Riga, Lettland): GROUND
- APRIL/MAY EUROPEAN MEDIA ART FESTIVAL (EMAF) (Osnabrück, DE): STALKER 2
- NOVEMBER/DECEMBER ERRANT BODIES (Berlin, DE): reduced prototype ' GROUND ' at ERRANT BODIES
- NOVEMBER/DECEMBER NEMO-Festival (Paris, FR): ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at the NEMO festival
- OCTOBER EVIL MUSIC (Berlin, DE): ' STALKER 1 ' and ' STALKER 2 ' at the EVIL MUSIC festival at House of World Cultures
- OCTOBER ODDSTREAM-Festival (Nijmegen, NL): ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at the ODDSTREAM-Festival 2012
- OCTOBER GRADUALE (Berlin, DE): prototyp of 'GROUNDED ' at the Amerika-Haus at the GRADUALE 2012
- OCTOBER MUSIKPROTOKOLL (Graz, AT): ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at the Galerie Zimmermann at the festival MUSIKPROTOKOLL 2012 (part of STEIRISCHER HERBST 2012)
- SEPT./OCT. ARS ELECTRONICA (Linz, AT): '' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at OK Linz in the CyberArts-Exhibition of ARS ELECTRONICA 2012
- APRIL/MAY EMAF (Osnabrück, DE): ' ! ' MULTICHANNEL at Kunsthalle Dominkanerkirche at the EUROPEAN MEDIA ART FESTIVAL
- JAN./FEBR. CTM.12 EXHIBITION (Berlin, DE): Multi-Sensory Installation ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at Kunstraum Kreuzberg/Bethanien at the exhibition of the CTM-FESTIVAL
- NOVEMBER CYNETART (Dresden, DE): enhanced version of ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at the CYNETART Festival
- JUNE TRANS-MEDIA-AKADEMIE HELLERAU (Dresden, DE): technical prototyp of the multi-sensory installation ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at the Trans-Media-Akademie Hellerau
- NOVEMBER CYNETART (Dresden, DE): ' ! ' MULTICHANNEL at the CYNETART Festival
- SEPTEMBER TODAYSART (The Hague, NL): ' ! ' MULTICHANNEL at the TODAYSART Festival
- SEPTEMBER GOGBOT (Enschede, NL): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' at the GOGBOT Festival
- MARCH/APRIL PLANETART (Amsterdam, NL): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' at the Exhibition TECHNOLOGICAL SINGULARITY
- JAN./FEBR. SPA (Berlin, DE): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' at TAG & CTM's Exhibition ESEMPLASTICISM: THE TRUTH IS A COMPROMISE
- SEPT. GENERAL PUBLIC (Berlin, DE): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' at CTM´s Symposium 'Structures Node 2: Blind Capture'
- SEPT. BIORAMA PROJEKT (Joachimsthal, DE): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' + Sound Installation 'midnightsun' in Group show '17räume' together with Robert Curgenven
- AUG. HKW (Berlin, DE): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' + Lecture 'Vertikales Hören in der Kongresshalle' in Group show 'Hausklang'
- JULY GROSSER WASSERSPEICHER (Berlin, DE): Sound Installation 'STILLERwerden ' & Sound Installation 'DOOM' in Group show 'Klangspeicher 2008'
- MAR. GALERIE AUTOCENTER (Berlin, DE): Sound Installation 'ungelesen', Collaboration with artist Daniel Sprenger and programmer Peter Votava, concept and sound for Sound Installation