Anke Eckardt is a German artist.
Born in Dresden (DE) in 1976, since 1994 she lives and works in Berlin. She studied under Sam Auinger, Holger Schulze and Sabine Sanio at the University of the Arts in Berlin. Christina Kubisch was her mentor when she received one of the fellowships at The Graduate School For The Arts And The Sciences at the UdK Berlin 2011-2013.
Her work encompasses installations and sculptures, teaching, and theoretical work that contributes to the discourse on the phenomenology of sound. Within her artistic research projects, Anke Eckardt intertwines her artistic and theoretical work and presents the results internationally in exhibitions (Ars Electronics, NEMO, Steirischer Herbst, Club Transmediale, Skanu Mesz, European Media Art Festival a.s.o.) and at conferences.
For her large scale installations and sculptures she uses sound including ultrasound and infrasound in combination with other media/materials in motion such as water, concrete and beams of light. Her main field of research are SONIC SPACES where she investigates basic components of space. On this theme Anke Eckardt published a monography at Revolver Publishing (January 2014) and gave a regular seminar at the University of the Arts, Berlin in winter 2013/2014. Additionally, Anke Eckardt has a professional background in sound-engineering. For her artistic and theoretical work she received several grants and prizes.
‘SONIC SPACES’ Artistic Research Projects :
GRANTS / PRIZES:
Anke Eckardt received one of the fellowships at The Graduate School For The Arts And The Sciences at the University of the Arts Berlin 2011-2013. Her multisensory installation piece 'BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME' got a Honorary Mention in the 'Digital Musics and Sound Art' category of Prix Ars Electronica 2012. Based on the submission of her sound sculpture ' ! ' she was awarded the Artist-In-Residence Grant of the Saxon State Ministry for Higher Education, Research and the Fine Arts 2011 by the CynetArt-Jury. This grant is awarded in co-operation with City of Dresden and, co-funded by ‘Culture Programme’ (2007-2013) in framework of European networking- and co-operation project ‘E.C.A.S. – Networking Tomoorows' Art For An Unknown Future’. 2009-10 she received the Career Advancement Grant from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research for completing her Master of Arts in ‘Sound Studies’ at the University of the Arts, Berlin.
- NOVEMBER/DECEMBER ERRANT BODIES (Berlin, DE): reduced prototype ' GROUND ' at ERRANT BODIES
- NOVEMBER/DECEMBER NEMO-Festival (Paris, FR): ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at the NEMO festival
- OCTOBER EVIL MUSIC (Berlin, DE): ' STALKER 1 ' and ' STALKER 2 ' at the EVIL MUSIC festival at House of World Cultures
- OCTOBER ODDSTREAM-Festival (Nijmegen, NL): ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at the ODDSTREAM-Festival 2012
- OCTOBER GRADUALE (Berlin, DE): prototyp of 'GROUNDED ' at the Amerika-Haus at the GRADUALE 2012
- OCTOBER MUSIKPROTOKOLL (Graz, AT): ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at the Galerie Zimmermann at the festival MUSIKPROTOKOLL 2012 (part of STEIRISCHER HERBST 2012)
- SEPT./OCT. ARS ELECTRONICA (Linz, AT): '' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at OK Linz in the CyberArts-Exhibition of ARS ELECTRONICA 2012
- APRIL/MAY EMAF (Osnabrück, DE): ' ! ' MULTICHANNEL at Kunsthalle Dominkanerkirche at the EUROPEAN MEDIA ART FESTIVAL
- JAN./FEBR. CTM.12 EXHIBITION (Berlin, DE): Multi-Sensory Installation ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at Kunstraum Kreuzberg/Bethanien at the exhibition of the CTM-FESTIVAL
- NOVEMBER CYNETART (Dresden, DE): enhanced version of ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at the CYNETART Festival
- JUNE TRANS-MEDIA-AKADEMIE HELLERAU (Dresden, DE): technical prototyp of the multi-sensory installation ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at the Trans-Media-Akademie Hellerau
- NOVEMBER CYNETART (Dresden, DE): ' ! ' MULTICHANNEL at the CYNETART Festival
- SEPTEMBER TODAYSART (The Hague, NL): ' ! ' MULTICHANNEL at the TODAYSART Festival
- SEPTEMBER GOGBOT (Enschede, NL): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' at the GOGBOT Festival
- MARCH/APRIL PLANETART (Amsterdam, NL): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' at the Exhibition TECHNOLOGICAL SINGULARITY
- JAN./FEBR. SPA (Berlin, DE): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' at TAG & CTM's Exhibition ESEMPLASTICISM: THE TRUTH IS A COMPROMISE
- SEPT. GENERAL PUBLIC (Berlin, DE): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' at CTM´s Symposium 'Structures Node 2: Blind Capture'
- SEPT. BIORAMA PROJEKT (Joachimsthal, DE): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' + Sound Installation 'midnightsun' in Group show '17räume' together with Robert Curgenven
- AUG. HKW (Berlin, DE): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' + Lecture 'Vertikales Hören in der Kongresshalle' in Group show 'Hausklang'
- JULY GROSSER WASSERSPEICHER (Berlin, DE): Sound Installation 'STILLERwerden ' & Sound Installation 'DOOM' in Group show 'Klangspeicher 2008'
- MAR. GALERIE AUTOCENTER (Berlin, DE): Sound Installation 'ungelesen', Collaboration with artist Daniel Sprenger and programmer Peter Votava, concept and sound for Sound Installation