CV / REFERENCES
Born in 1976 in Dresden, Germany
Lives in Cologne and Berlin, Germany
Anke Eckardts work encompasses sculptures and installations, research and teaching.
She is Professor for Sound at the Academy of the Arts Cologne (Kunsthochschule für Medien Köln / KHM).
Anke presents her artistic work internationally in exhibitions (MAKK - Museum für Angewandte Kunst Köln, HKW - Haus der Kulturen der Welt Berlin, Ars Electronica, NEMO, Steirischer Herbst, CTM Festival - Club Transmediale, European Media Art Festival, SKANU MESZ a.s.o.).
Anke received her Master of Arts at the UdK Berlin (University of the Arts, Berlin) in 2010. From 2011-2013 she was a stipend of the Einsteinstiftung at the Graduate School of the Arts and the Sciences at the UdK Berlin. 2014-2017 she was an artistic and scientific associate at the Department of Visual Arts & Architecture within the School of Architecture, Urban Planning and Landscape Design at the University of Kassel, Germany. Since 2014 she undertakes research on sound and architecture in collaborative research projects as part of the transdisciplinary platform Building Art Invention.
Additionally, Anke has a professional background in sound-engineering.
SONIC SPACES - GROUND. WALL.VERTICALITY
Revolver Publishing, January 2014
GRANTS / PRIZES:
- Vida.16 (Art Prize, SPAIN) - Honorary Mention for the installation ‘GROUND’ (2014)
- Stipend of the Einstein Foundation as fellow of the Graduate School For The Arts And The Sciences at the University of the Arts Berlin (2011-2013)
- Prix Ars Electronica 2012 'Digital Musics and Sound Art' category - Honorary Mention for the installation 'BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME' (2012)
- Artist-In-Residence Grant of the Saxon State Ministry for Higher Education, Research and the Fine Arts - This grant is awarded in co-operation with City of Dresden and, co-funded by ‘Culture Programme’ (2007-2013) in framework of European networking- and co-operation project ‘E.C.A.S. – Networking Tomorrows' Art For An Unknown Future’. (2011)
- Career Advancement Grant from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (2009-2010)
- MAY-JULY Museum für Angewandte Kunst Köln – MAKK (Köln, DE): ‘HAUT dry/wet’ Solo exhibition by Anke Eckardt in the framework of the sound art series sonic waves
- APRIL HKW House of World Cultures Berlin ‘VINYLHEADS’ Comission for a sound sculpture series in three parts for 100 JAHRE BEAT festival
- UNTIL 2019 Jewish Museum Berlin, Skit-Sound for ‘res.o.ant’ Installation Mischa Kuball
break because of the birth of her daughter
- MAY-JULY NAKED EXHIBITION (Potsdam, DE): PHANTOM LINES
- ISEA 2016 (Hongkong, HKG): DIGITAL SYNESTHESIA group exhibition
- APRIL EXIT FESTIVAL 2016 (Paris, FR): STALKER 2
- MARCH/APRIL DIGITAL SYNESTHESIA - EXHIBITION AT AIL (Vienna, AT): VERTICAL 2
- MARCH VIA FESTIVAL 2016 (Maubeuge, FR): STALKER 2
- DECEMBER ENLIGHTEN FESTIVAL 2015 (Manchester, UK): LIBRARY OF THE UNWANTED
- NOVEMBER TANZFABRIK (Berlin, DE): EVERY ONE EVERYONE
- JANUARY/FEBRUARY UNTUNE EXHIBITION - CTM FESTIVAL 2015 (Berlin, DE): GROUND
- NOVEMBER/DECEMBER EXHIBITION SOUS SURVEILLANCE (Paris, France): STALKER
- NOVEMBER ECHOECHODANCE (Dublin, Ireland): EVERY ONE EVERONE (with Shannon Cooney)
- JULY/AUGUST SKANU MESZ SOUND ART EXHIBITION (Riga, Lettland): GROUND
- APRIL/MAY EUROPEAN MEDIA ART FESTIVAL (EMAF) (Osnabrück, DE): STALKER 2
- NOVEMBER/DECEMBER ERRANT BODIES (Berlin, DE): reduced prototype ' GROUND ' at ERRANT BODIES
- NOVEMBER/DECEMBER NEMO-Festival (Paris, FR): ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at the NEMO festival
- OCTOBER EVIL MUSIC (Berlin, DE): ' STALKER 1 ' and ' STALKER 2 ' at the EVIL MUSIC festival at House of World Cultures
- OCTOBER ODDSTREAM-Festival (Nijmegen, NL): ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at the ODDSTREAM-Festival 2012
- OCTOBER GRADUALE (Berlin, DE): prototyp of 'GROUNDED ' at the Amerika-Haus at the GRADUALE 2012
- OCTOBER MUSIKPROTOKOLL (Graz, AT): ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at the Galerie Zimmermann at the festival MUSIKPROTOKOLL 2012 (part of STEIRISCHER HERBST 2012)
- SEPT./OCT. ARS ELECTRONICA (Linz, AT): '' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at OK Linz in the CyberArts-Exhibition of ARS ELECTRONICA 2012
- APRIL/MAY EMAF (Osnabrück, DE): ' ! ' MULTICHANNEL at Kunsthalle Dominkanerkirche at the EUROPEAN MEDIA ART FESTIVAL
- JAN./FEBR. CTM.12 EXHIBITION (Berlin, DE): Multi-Sensory Installation ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at Kunstraum Kreuzberg/Bethanien at the exhibition of the CTM-FESTIVAL
- NOVEMBER CYNETART (Dresden, DE): enhanced version of ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at the CYNETART Festival
- JUNE TRANS-MEDIA-AKADEMIE HELLERAU (Dresden, DE): technical prototyp of the multi-sensory installation ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at the Trans-Media-Akademie Hellerau
- NOVEMBER CYNETART (Dresden, DE): ' ! ' MULTICHANNEL at the CYNETART Festival
- SEPTEMBER TODAYSART (The Hague, NL): ' ! ' MULTICHANNEL at the TODAYSART Festival
- SEPTEMBER GOGBOT (Enschede, NL): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' at the GOGBOT Festival
- MARCH/APRIL PLANETART (Amsterdam, NL): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' at the Exhibition TECHNOLOGICAL SINGULARITY
- JAN./FEBR. SPA (Berlin, DE): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' at TAG & CTM's Exhibition ESEMPLASTICISM: THE TRUTH IS A COMPROMISE
- SEPT. GENERAL PUBLIC (Berlin, DE): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' at CTM´s Symposium 'Structures Node 2: Blind Capture'
- SEPT. BIORAMA PROJEKT (Joachimsthal, DE): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' + Sound Installation 'midnightsun' in Group show '17räume' together with Robert Curgenven
- AUG. HKW (Berlin, DE): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' + Lecture 'Vertikales Hören in der Kongresshalle' in Group show 'Hausklang'
- JULY GROSSER WASSERSPEICHER (Berlin, DE): Sound Installation 'STILLERwerden ' & Sound Installation 'DOOM' in Group show 'Klangspeicher 2008'
- MAR. GALERIE AUTOCENTER (Berlin, DE): Sound Installation 'ungelesen', Collaboration with artist Daniel Sprenger and programmer Peter Votava, concept and sound for Sound Installation