Born in 1976 in Dresden, Germany
Lives in Cologne and Berlin, Germany
Anke Eckardts work encompasses sculptures and installations, research and teaching.
She presents her artistic work internationally in exhibitions (Ars Electronica, NEMO, Steirischer Herbst, CTM Festival - Club Transmediale, European Media Art Festival, SKANU MESZ a.s.o.). For her pieces she uses sound and light as material, sometimes in combination with fluids, concrete, epoxy, acrylic glass, pneumatics and others. For her artistic work she received several grants and prizes. Besides of her solo work Anke is extending collaborational projects. Since 2013 she is collaborating with Shannon Cooney (Choreographer, Canada/Berlin). In 2015 she started new cooperations with Toby Heys (Artist and Researcher at MMU Research - MIRIAD Institute, Manchester), Ulf Pedersen (Light Artist, Bristol), Sandra Peters (Sculptor, Assistant Arts Professor of Arts Practice, New York University Abu Dhabi). Furthermore Anke is one of the contributing artists to the transdisciplinary art research project DIGITAL SYNESTHESIA (2013-2016), initiated by the University of Applied Arts, Vienna.
Anke received her Master of Arts at the UdK Berlin (University of the Arts, Berlin) in 2010. From 2011-2013 she was a stipend of the Einsteinstiftung at the Graduate School of the Arts and the Sciences at the UdK Berlin. Since 2014 Anke is Artistic Associate at the Department of Visual Arts & Architecture within the School of Architecture, Urban Planning and Landscape Design at the University of Kassel, Germany. There she also undertakes her research on sound and architecture as part of the transdisciplinary platform Building Art Invention.
Additionally, Anke has a professional background in sound-engineering.
SONIC SPACES - GROUND. WALL.VERTICALITY
Revolver Publishing, January 2014
GRANTS / PRIZES:
Vida.16 (Art Prize, SPAIN) - Honorary Mention for the installation ‘GROUND’
Einsteinstiftung Berlin - 2,5 years stipend at the Graduate School For The Arts And The Sciences at the University of the Arts Berlin
Prix Ars Electronica 2012 'Digital Musics and Sound Art' category - Honorary Mention for the installation 'BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME'
Artist-In-Residence Grant of the Saxon State Ministry for Higher Education, Research and the Fine Arts - This grant is awarded in co-operation with City of Dresden and, co-funded by ‘Culture Programme’ (2007-2013) in framework of European networking- and co-operation project ‘E.C.A.S. – Networking Tomorrows' Art For An Unknown Future’.
Career Advancement Grant from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research
- JANUARY/FEBRUARY UNTUNE EXHIBITION - CTM FESTIVAL 2015 (Berlin, DE): GROUND
- NOVEMBER/DECEMBER EXHIBITION SOUS SURVEILLANCE (Paris, France): STALKER
- NOVEMBER ECHOECHODANCE (Dublin, Ireland): EVERY ONE EVERONE (with Shannon Cooney)
- JULY/AUGUST SKANU MESZ SOUND ART EXHIBITION (Riga, Lettland): GROUND
- APRIL/MAY EUROPEAN MEDIA ART FESTIVAL (EMAF) (Osnabrück, DE): STALKER 2
- NOVEMBER/DECEMBER ERRANT BODIES (Berlin, DE): reduced prototype ' GROUND ' at ERRANT BODIES
- NOVEMBER/DECEMBER NEMO-Festival (Paris, FR): ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at the NEMO festival
- OCTOBER EVIL MUSIC (Berlin, DE): ' STALKER 1 ' and ' STALKER 2 ' at the EVIL MUSIC festival at House of World Cultures
- OCTOBER ODDSTREAM-Festival (Nijmegen, NL): ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at the ODDSTREAM-Festival 2012
- OCTOBER GRADUALE (Berlin, DE): prototyp of 'GROUNDED ' at the Amerika-Haus at the GRADUALE 2012
- OCTOBER MUSIKPROTOKOLL (Graz, AT): ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at the Galerie Zimmermann at the festival MUSIKPROTOKOLL 2012 (part of STEIRISCHER HERBST 2012)
- SEPT./OCT. ARS ELECTRONICA (Linz, AT): '' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at OK Linz in the CyberArts-Exhibition of ARS ELECTRONICA 2012
- APRIL/MAY EMAF (Osnabrück, DE): ' ! ' MULTICHANNEL at Kunsthalle Dominkanerkirche at the EUROPEAN MEDIA ART FESTIVAL
- JAN./FEBR. CTM.12 EXHIBITION (Berlin, DE): Multi-Sensory Installation ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at Kunstraum Kreuzberg/Bethanien at the exhibition of the CTM-FESTIVAL
- NOVEMBER CYNETART (Dresden, DE): enhanced version of ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at the CYNETART Festival
- JUNE TRANS-MEDIA-AKADEMIE HELLERAU (Dresden, DE): technical prototyp of the multi-sensory installation ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at the Trans-Media-Akademie Hellerau
- NOVEMBER CYNETART (Dresden, DE): ' ! ' MULTICHANNEL at the CYNETART Festival
- SEPTEMBER TODAYSART (The Hague, NL): ' ! ' MULTICHANNEL at the TODAYSART Festival
- SEPTEMBER GOGBOT (Enschede, NL): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' at the GOGBOT Festival
- MARCH/APRIL PLANETART (Amsterdam, NL): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' at the Exhibition TECHNOLOGICAL SINGULARITY
- JAN./FEBR. SPA (Berlin, DE): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' at TAG & CTM's Exhibition ESEMPLASTICISM: THE TRUTH IS A COMPROMISE
- SEPT. GENERAL PUBLIC (Berlin, DE): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' at CTM´s Symposium 'Structures Node 2: Blind Capture'
- SEPT. BIORAMA PROJEKT (Joachimsthal, DE): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' + Sound Installation 'midnightsun' in Group show '17räume' together with Robert Curgenven
- AUG. HKW (Berlin, DE): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' + Lecture 'Vertikales Hören in der Kongresshalle' in Group show 'Hausklang'
- JULY GROSSER WASSERSPEICHER (Berlin, DE): Sound Installation 'STILLERwerden ' & Sound Installation 'DOOM' in Group show 'Klangspeicher 2008'
- MAR. GALERIE AUTOCENTER (Berlin, DE): Sound Installation 'ungelesen', Collaboration with artist Daniel Sprenger and programmer Peter Votava, concept and sound for Sound Installation